Director of Evaluations, Higher Education & Career Advisor
Professor of Biosciences and Dean of Research & Economic Development
APJ Satya University, Gurgaon, India (2013-2015)
Clinical and Translational Biosciences Program Officer
University of California Office of President, Oakland, CA (2003-2011)
Founder & President,
GaneShiva Consultants Specializing in Grant Writing
Los Angeles, CA (2012 – Present)
Scientist, Principal Investigator, Faculty and Manager
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA (1997-2003)
Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgery Institute (1997-2001)
Atherosclerosis Research Center (1997-2003)
Founder & Director, Confocal Microscopy Facility (1999-2003)
Assistant Professor, Neurology (Basic Science) and Neuroscience Program
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT (1994-1997)
Assistant Research Biochemist
Neuropsychiatry Institute, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA (1989-1994)
Senior Investigator, American Heart Association
UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA (1987-1989)
Advanced Postdoctoral Research Fellow, American Heart Association
UCLA School of Medicine, Las Angeles, CA (1985-1987)
Scientists’ Pool Officer
Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, India (1982-1985)
Canadian Commonwealth Scholar
University of Manitoba Health Science Center, Winnipeg, Canada (1981-1982)
EDUCATION: Ph.D. in Muscle Biochemistry & Physiology
Department of Bio-Sciences, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, India (1977-1981)
MPhil in Muscle Physiology
Department of Bio-Sciences, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, India (1975-1976)
MSc in Animal Physiology
Department of Bio-Sciences, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, India (1973-1975)
BSc in Biological Sciences
Government College, Sanjauli, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, India (1977-1981)
- Experienced Senior Scientist, Faculty Member, University Administrator.
- Professor of Bioscience and Dean of Research & Economic Development, APJ Satya University, Sohna, Haryana, India.
- Research Grant Peer Review, Research Funding, Peer-Reviewed Research Publications.
- Research Advisor to International Research Institutes and Universities to Initiate and Establish Collaborations with Research Entities in the USA.
- Entrepreneur and Leader in Program Development and Strategic Plans for Transformative Change.
- Administered $30 Million Grants within the Portfolios of Cardiovascular & Cerebrovascular Disease, and General Biomedical Sciences.
- Leadership Role in a State Research Funding Agency in Tobacco-Related Disease.
- Champion of Innovation-Based Research Collaborations at State, National and International Level.
- Demonstrated Strengths in Strategic Planning for the Program, Identification of Emerging and Current Critical Issues in Tobacco-Related Diseases and Tobacco Control.
- Clinical and Translational Research, Research-Industry Relation Building.
- Resource Acquisition and Utilization, Creation and Management of Facilities.
- Policy Development and Extramural Funding.
- Expertise in 44 areas of Biomedical Research Including: Cardiovascular Disease, Stroke and Arrhythmia; Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology; Blood-Brain Tumor Barrier Permeability and Delivery of Anti-Cancer Drugs to the Brain; Breast Cancer; Computer- Aided Drug Design; Congestive Obstructive Pulmonary Disease; Genetics; Global Health; Neurological Disorders.
- Stellar Record in Basic, Clinical and Translational Research in Myriad Biomedical Sciences.
- Conference Organization and Public Speaking.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Facility with Multiple Languages.
- Effective Dissemination of Research Results using Print and Electronic Media to Scientific Community, Public and Policy Makers, and Personnel Management Experience.
- Program Leader and a Team Player to Promote Research Endeavors.
Delivered nearly 100 scientific seminars, lectures and keynote addresses at international conferences and as a Visiting Faculty at numerous Universities and Medical Institutes in USA, China, Japan and India.
PUBLICATIONS AND JOURNAL REFEREE:
More than 65 peer-reviewed research publications and 60 published abstracts. Served as a referee or member of editorial board of several international journals.
RESEARCH GRANTS AND CONFERENCES:
Received more than 25 research grants the Federal and Non-profit Funding Agencies, and Pharmaceutical Industry in USA, India, and Switzerland. Organized more than 25 National and International Conferences in USA and India.